Lehighton Borough Council
Lehighton Borough Council approved the following action last week:
• A resolution authorizing submission and designation of signers for the Fire Department Command Vehicle Local Share Grant application in the amount of $52,070.
• A resolution authorizing submission and designation of signers for the Police Department License Plate Reader Local Share Grant application in the amount of $18,391.
• Agreed to approve the South Ninth Street sewer extension project as recommended by the Lehighton Sewer Authority and submitted by Joseph Tibinsky. The construction estimate is $36,500, though council will need to bid the project.
• The lease agreement with William Moyer for the digital sign at the median on Route 209.
• The lease agreement with the PathStone Corporation for Room 216 at the PFC Clyde Houser Building — Lehighton Borough Annex.
• Agreed to terminate the Heart and Lung Benefits for patrolman Matthew Bender, effective Aug. 13. Bender had been receiving Heart & Lung benefits through the Heart & Lung Act.
• A resolution regarding the use of PA 1 Call information.
• An amendment to the circus/carnival ordinance.
• To participate in the AMP R.I.C.E. Behind the Meter Peaking Project.
• To hold the Snowflake 5K and 1 Mile Remembrance Walk on Dec. 8.