Firefighters rescue cat from Palmerton fire
Fire companies from numerous communities responded to a dwelling fire Sunday afternoon in Palmerton.
The fire was reported just after 3:30 p.m. in the three hundred block of Lafayette Avenue as a dryer fire.
When first responders arrived on scene they reported a working dwelling in the rear of the home. Palmerton police were the first to arrive on scene rescuing a cat from the roof of the dwelling which was taking in smoke.
Police and medics administered oxygen to the feline.
COPYRIGHT LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS