Fern Ridge State Police report incidents
State police at Fern Ridge report the following incidents:
• Five mailboxes on Overlook Court, Chestnuthill Township, were damaged in a criminal mischief incident between 11:30 p.m. May 17 and 6 a.m. May 18.
• Dominique Smith, 24, of East Stroudsburg, is facing charges of carrying a concealed firearm after state police at the Fern Ridge barracks responded to a one-vehicle crash at 2:54 a.m. May 18 on Interstate 80 eastbound in Kidder Township. Police said he was in and out of consciousness after the crash and was transported to the Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre.
A search of the vehicle resulted in police finding a Smith and Wesson Model 59 9-mm firearm.
• Catherine Little of Bolingbrook, Illinois, has been charged with trespassing.
They were called at 1:45 p.m. May 18 to the 100 block of Mount Jefferson drive, Chestnuthill Township, where the property owner informed them Little was staying on her property without her consent and refused to leave the property.
• Richard Justino, 32, of Saylorsburg, was cited at 1:09 p.m. May 12 for criminal mischief.
Police said he intentionally damaged the front door of a 59-year-old man on the 700 block of Michael Drive, Chestnuthill Township.
• Two people were charged after a fight inside a residence on the 100 block of Autumn Lane, Penn Forest Township, at 7:44 p.m. May 1.
Brandon Mangual, 23, of Nesquehoning, was charged with criminal mischief and harassment and Tristan Sanchez, 36, of Jim Thorpe, was charged with harassment.
Police said Mangual took a Samsung Tab 3 valued at $199 and a Samsung J3 Emerge worth $139 and smashed them in the driveway of the home, resulting in the criminal mischief charge against him.
• A Monroe County driver is facing a charge of driving under the influence.
State police at Fern Ridge said troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash about 1:44 p.m. on May 3 along Kinsley Drive in Chestnuthill Township. On scene troopers found one of the drivers to be under the influence of alcohol. She was identified as Annette Saylor, 47, of Kresgeville. Charges were filed, troopers said.