Fern Ridge state police report on assault cases
State police at Fern Ridge report on the following cases:
• Police filed charges against Ryan Iacopelli, 20, of Effort, after an assault at 2:05 p.m. April 28 at a residence on Shogun Drive, Chestnuthill Township.
Police said they were called there for a domestic incident between the man and a 72-year-old relative.
The victim told police Iacopelli struck him and tackled him to the ground before fleeing from the scene.
• An Effort man was the victim of a simple assault at 1:30 p.m. April 30 at the intersection of Route 115 and Valley Road (Hartman Lane) in Chestnuthill Township.
Police said that after the incident, the suspect was transported to an area hospital for a mental health evaluation.
• Derick Stlouis, 28, of Saylorsburg, was committed to the Monroe County Correctional Facility, Snydersville, on charges of assault following a domestic incident at 2:19 P.M. April 28 on Deer Trail Drive, Chestnuthill Township.
Police said they responded there after a dispatcher reported a 9-1-1 hang-up call and later determined Stlouis assaulted a victim.
• A 51-year-old Effort man was charged with assault as a result of a verbal argument turning physical at 1 a.m. May 5 on Upper Ridge Drive in Chestnuthill Township.
Police said the victim is a 44-year-old woman from Effort who said the accused slapped her in the face and grabbed her by the throat. Police did not release his name.
• Demetria Moore, 53, of Stroudsburg, was committed to the Monroe County Correctional Facility, Snydersville, after police responded to a disorderly conduct report at 5:10 p.m. May 27 on Wooded Acres Drive in Jackson Township.
Police said she was involved in a dispute at her residence with her husband, after which time she was yelling profanities and began to throw her husband’s clothing out of the home. Police said she was advised to stop the disorderly conduct but returned then threw two additional handfuls of clothes out of the home.
Charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of scattering rubbish, she is being held in jail while awaiting arraignment.