Fern Ridge State Police — Arrests
State police at Fern Ridge reported on the following arrests made by troopers recently.
• On Sept. 6 at 8:22 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Allegheny Drive in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County. Troopers said William Turner, 62, of Blakeslee, had punched a 61-year-old woman from Blakeslee in the face. He then threw a chair through the front window of the residence.
When police arrived, Turner resisted arrest. Troopers noted he was highly intoxicated at the time. He was charged with simple assault, harassment, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and resisting arrest. He was arraigned before a district judge and committed to the county prison in Snydersville, unable to post bail.
• On Aug. 11 at 7:50 a.m. troopers were dispatched to the Sunoco service station along Weir Lake Road at Route 209, in Chestnuthill Township. Troopers were told that Elmer Kale, 52, of Stroudsburg, was causing a disturbance by yelling in the store at three victims, all from Brodheadsville. Kale left the store before troopers arrived. Troopers said a charge of harassment was filed against Kale.
• On April 20, at 12:28 p.m., Howard Dorn Jr., 43, of Gilbert appeared at Dunkelberger’s Sports Outfitters, Route 209, Chestnuthill Township, and attempted to purchase a firearm. He completed the ATF form. A background check was conducted by troopers and it was learned that the information provided by Dorn on the application was inconsistent with the check. As a result, Dorn was charged with sale or transfer of firearms and unsworn falsification to authorities.
• On Aug. 28 about 6:30 p.m. troopers were dispatched to Hannon Lane in Chestnuthill Township for a report of a dog attack. On scene troopers learned that three pit bull dogs owned by Mark Scott, 51, of Delhi, New York, attacked and killed a cat belonging to a 59-year-old Saylorsburg man. Troopers said charges are pending.
• On Sept. 6 a 5:58 p.m. along Shogun Drive in Chestnuthill Township, Ryan Iacopelli, 20, and a 48-year-old man, both from Effort, entered into a verbal argument in the kitchen of a residence. Iacopelli then shoved and struck the male. Iacopelli was cited for harassment — physical contact.
• On Aug. 25 about 7:31 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Upper Ridge Drive in Chestnuthill Township for a domestic incident. On scene troopers learned that William Brown, 62, of Effort, struck a 56-year-old woman at that address multiple times on the left side of her face and in her head. No visible injuries were observed, troopers said.
Brown was charged with harassment — physical contact.