Fern Ridge police investigate thefts
State Police at Fern Ridge reported the following theft cases:
• Aldona Kubik, 35, of Saylorsburg, was cited for retail theft after she stole a bottle of Luksusowa Vodka from the Wine and Spirits Store, 107 Kinsley Drive, Chestnuthill Township.
Police said the shoplifting took place at 6:26 p.m. May 28.
• Police said someone from Columbia stole $2,208 from a Brodheadsville woman in a deception/wire fraud case.
The victim called police at 2:25 p.m. May 21 to her residence on Frantz Road, Chestnuthill Township, to investigate the internet theft/fraud transaction.
Police are asking anyone else who may have been victimized by a similar in nature incident to contact them.
• Over $1,000 worth of jewelry items were reported stolen from a garage on Timothy Drive, Chestnuthill Township. Police said the victim reported the theft at 11:43 a.m. May 6.
Stolen items include a Craftsman Crafts valued at $279, am ECAW Brand worth $200, a Crafts Shop Vac worth 4175 and an Atlas drill press valued at $400.
Fraud/theft report terminated due to no loss
• Police are investigating a theft reported to them at noon May 28.
The victim reported someone stole a set of skid steer forks from her property on Sparrow Lane, Jackson Township, between May 14-28.
• A burglary that was reported at noon May 9 in East Side Borough is being investigated. The victims are from Freeland and White Haven.
They told police someone smashed the back door window of their property on Rocky Hill Road in the Spring Hill Mobile Home Park and stole more than $3,500 worth of items.
They included a stainless front handle with glass front ($25), a 60-inch LG flat screen TV ($800), a 40-inch Panasonic flat screen TV ($600), two other unidentified items valued at $800 and $150, a mini-refrigerator ($500), a DVD/recorder ($150), hand tools worth $300, a Milwaukee sawzall ($100) and a door valued at $100.
• Police are investigating a theft by deception case in which someone used credit card information of a 54-year-old Albrightsville woman to purchase $127.71 worth of pizza in New Jersey.
It was reported at 4:07 p.m. April 22 at Parkside Avenue, Tobyhanna Township.
Police said the scammer made the purchase at a business in New Brunswick using the woman’s credit card information.
• Police are investigating an incident whereby an Albrightsville woman lost her credit card at the Dollar General store, State Route 903, Penn Forest Township.
Police said the 54-year-old woman reported someone picked up her card and did not turn it in to store management.
The victim canceled the card and did not suffer any monetary loss, police said.