Commissioners bring PulsePoint program to Monroe County
Monroe County commissioners have signed an agreement with PulsePoint to provide the county with the necessary software and to implement its Public Access Defibrillation Program in the county.
According to the company’s website, PulsePoint is a comprehensive registry of Automated External Defibrillators and the management and effective deployment during cardiac emergencies.
“I have for a long time believed that GPS could be used to pinpoint where AEDs are in the case of a cardiac arrest,” said Chairman John Moyer. “I am very happy that we can take advantage of this program.”
Moyer says that businesses with AEDs can register with the app, and when an emergency occurs, a trained responder might be able to find an AED close to the emergency.
“When a cardiac arrest happens, we all know that every minute counts,” Moyer said. “Getting the AED to the patient quickly could be the difference between life and death.”
The initial cost of signing up with PulsePoint was $18,000. Anyone interested in learning more about the program before it goes into operation in the county can go to www.pulsepoint.org for more information.
The commissioners also approved the following purchase of service agreements for the county Children and Youth Services:
For July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018:
• Pinebrook Family Answers: $30,000
• Alternative Living Solutions: $150,000
• Merakey Pennsylvania: $500,000
• Summit School Inc. (Summit Academy): $175,000
• Children’s Service Center of Wyoming Valley: $50,000
• The Community Specialists Corp. (The Academy): $100,000
• CONCERN-Prof. Services for Children, Youth and Families: $200,000
• Youth Services Agency: $450,000
For July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019, (subject to solicitor’s review):
• White Deer Run LLC (Torrance Cove Prep): $440,000
• Mid-Atlantic Youth Services Corp.: $200,000
• George Junior Republic in Pennsylvania: $725,000
• Clear Vision Residential Treatment Services Inc.: $50,000
• Open Door International Inc.: $70,000
• New Way Youth Services: $150,000
Jessie Boe was appointed to the Monroe County Children and Youth Advisory Committee.