Chamber business contest deadline extended to Sept. 14
The deadline for the Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce Annual Bizzy Awards competition has been extended until Sept. 14.
2018 categories include:
1. Best Overall Business — For excellence in every aspect of your business. Explain how you excel with customers, employees, community contributions and marketing.
2. Best Emerging Business — For businesses that have opened within the past 3 years. Explain what your business is and give examples as to what makes it different from other new businesses.
3. Best Veteran-Owned Business — For businesses owned by veterans, service disabled veterans, active duty military, reservists and military spouses. Explain what makes your business different from others.
4. Best Non-Profit Business — For 501(c) (3) designated businesses. Explain what your business has done in the past year that makes you a leading nonprofit.
5. Best Hospitality Business — For businesses in the lodging, event planning, water parks, attractions, and other fields within the tourism industry. Give an example of something you have done in the past year to attract customers.
6. Best Business Logo — Explain how your logo delivers a message that creates confidence in your brand while differentiating between you and your competitors. Include a copy of your logo. Logos judged on creativity, business representation and design.
7. Best Business Website — Explain how your website is a benefit to your company and why it is useful to your clients or customers. Websites are judged on content, appearance, and originality. Give your website address.
8. Best Business Card Design — For excellence in business card designs that show creative thought and talent. Explain the reason for your design and why it is a good representation of your company. Submit a picture of your business card.
9. Best Business Marketing & Social Media — For excellence in marketing through social media in the past year. Explain what you did, why you did it, and if you feel it was successful.
10. Best Support Staff Person — Nominate an employee who went above and beyond to help your business excel. Explain what that person did for your business and include that person’s picture.
Register at www.bizzyawards.com.
The Bizzy Awards Ceremony is scheduled for Oct. 24 at the Kalahari Resorts and Convention Center.
Sponsorship packages are available. Contact the chamber at 570-421-4433 or visit www.greaterpoconochamber.com.