Area police investigate retail theft incidents
Area police reported on the following incidents of retail theft:
• George R. Shepherdson, 47, of Rhododendron Road, Jim Thorpe, was issued a non-traffic citation for retail theft after an incident at 6:40 p.m. July 3 at the Dollar General Store, 1424 State Route 903 in Penn Forest Township. State police at the Fern Ridge said it is alleged he removed four cases of Coca-Cola valued at $18 from the store without paying for them.
• State police at the Fern Ridge are investigating a shoplifting incident that happened at 3:30 p.m. June 27 at the Rite Aid store, 1707 Route 209, Chestnuthill Township. A man around 40 and a woman in her 30s, entered the store and were observed stealing assorted items. When they were approached by store employees, they fled the store and got away in a red 2008 Chevrolet Blazer.
• Kerry Pree Cummings, 42, of Jim Thorpe, has been charged with retail theft by state police at Fern Ridge as a result of an incident on July 13 at the Rite Aid store, 1707 Route 209, Effort, Chestnuthill Township. It is alleged she stole makeup valued at $18.77 and was stopped by store security officials an detained until police arrived at the store.
• State police at Fern Ridge are investigating a theft incident that was reported at 12:30 a.m. June 29 at the Gulf Station, 1734 Route 715, Jackson Township. Police said someone damaged a lock on the ice unit at the business and stole several bags of ice.
• Tristan Alexander Storm, 19, Effort, was cited by state police at Fern Ridge with retail theft and disorderly conduct after an incident on July 13 at Kinsley’s ShopRite store, 107 Kinsley Drive, Chestnuthill Township. Police said he consumed food that he did not pay for, concealed two hairbrushes in his pants and attempted to walk out of the store with face wipes without paying for the items.