Rush Twp. official raises concerns on garbage collection
A Rush Township official has expressed his displeasure with garbage collection in the township.
Supervisor Robert Leibensperger said at Thursday's board of supervisors meeting that there is an "immense problem."
Tamaqua Transfer took over the townshipwide Trash and Recycling Collection on March 3.
Leibensperger said, "We need this fixed because it's gotten out of hand."
In other action, the board:
Approved the purchase of 12 grinder pumps for Lake Hauto from Site-Specific Design Inc. for $21,044.
• Conditionally approved the AutoZone Land Development Plan, without recognition of property line dispute, to be located by Wal-Mart. The condition of approval is the execution of an Improvements Agreement, and posting of the required escrow for the proposed site improvements.
• Accepted the resignation of township road foreman Barry Ruch, with his last day being May 26.
• Approved charge order No. 1 of C & R Directional Boring LLC for the Lincoln Drive Sanitary Sewer Project in the amount of $9,805.
• Approved opening the gates in certain types of emergencies at the Gates at Lake Hauto Club to keep traffic from backing up when there would be long delays.
• Denied the Leo Rodgers module exemption until several conditions are met.
• Approved the Tamaqua Associates subdivision plan labeled Rush Township revision No. 2 without recognition of property line dispute.
• Approved the time extension for Tyrone and Janet Rarick for their preliminary Land Development, Lot 28 Tidewood East Industrial Park.
• Approved a Sewage Facility exemption mailer for the Work Land Development in the Tidewood East Industrial Park, Rarick's Land Development.
• Ratified approval for the Land Development and Improvement and Maintenance Agreement between the board and Versum Materials R & D Building.
• Adopted revisions to the Housing Rehabilitation policy for the township's Housing Rehabilitation Program.
• Approved the Hometown Fire Police to assist Tamaqua Fire Police with their Memorial Day Parade on May 29.
• Announced the township office will be closed on Memorial Dayand that day's garbage pickup will be held on May 30, while the garbage pickup scheduled for June 2 will take place on June 3.