Smoking blamed for Philly area. fire that left 20 homeless
PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Fire officials in southeastern Pennsylvania say smoking in bed is to blame for a fire that has left 20 people homeless.
Chester County Fire Marshal Harrison Holt also said Monday that the fire in Phoenixville caused $300,000 in damage.
It took firefighters an hour to bring the blaze under control early Sunday at the multi-unit building, which consisted of three attached row homes.
No one was hurt.
Red Cross spokesman Dave Schrader said three affected families are staying in a hotel and are being provided with clothing and food.