Skip to main content

Homes evacuated

Published March 21. 2014 05:00PM

Tamaqua EMS personnel tend to a male suffering potential carbon monoxide poisoning Friday morning. Firefighters and ambulance personnel were dispatched to 317 W. Rowe St., Tamaqua, for a carbon monoxide investigation after a detector sounded an alarm, shortly before 8 a.m. Firefighters discovered a malfunctioning oil burnerat 319 W. Rowe St. and evacuated the homes at 315-317-319 after the deadly gas was foundin all three of the attached buildings. After carbon monoxide levels "in excess of 700 parts per million" according to Citizens Fire Company member Jason Hartz, were found at 319, the male resident wastransported to St. Luke's Miners Hospital in Coaldale in the Tamaqua ambulance. Firefighters from theCitizens and South Ward Fire Companies placed venting fans in all three homes.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries