Skip to main content

Schuylkill home destroyed by fire

Published July 18. 2014 11:31AM

A fast moving fire that destroyed a home in the Schuylkill County village of Branchdale, Reily Township, was caused by a clothes dryer vent system, a state police fire marshal has ruled.

The fire was reported about 9:24 a.m. on Thursday at 8 Sport Hill Road. State police at Schuylkill Haven said when Branchdale Fire Company volunteers, along with neighboring fire companies, arrived on sceen they were met with heavy flames coming from the rear of the home. Firefighters were unable to make entry due to the amount of heavy fire.

Troopers said the home sustained heavy fire damages throughout. The investigation revealed the fire started in the left rear corner room of the home due to the clothes dryer vent system. The fire then spread up a wall and continued throughout the home. The fire was ruled an accident.

The home was rented by Scott Andrews, 47, and is owned by Christopher Swolensky, 41, of Minersville, troopers said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries