TIMES NEWS FILE PHOTO Connie Wentz and her Mocha Angel Food Cake wowed the judges a few years back.
It's time to get ready to submit your entries into the Carbon County Fair.
Residents of Carbon County and West Penn Township in Schuylkill County, both adults and youth are eligible to submit entries in the following categories: Flowers, vegetables, fruit, arts & crafts, photography, needlework, canning, pickles and relishes, cakes, hay & grain, and more.
There is even a category for homemade wines and antique farm equipment. In addition, fair organizers are looking for group exhibits, such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Clubs, schools and athletic groups. Your exhibits help make the fair special.
The following is a list of new contests for youth to enter this year:
• Jazzy Jar Contest
• Clay Flower Pot Contest
• Snazzy Sneaker Contest
• Duct Tape Contest
• PA Preferred Chocolate Cookie, Brownie or Bar Baking Contest
• Snickerdoodle Cookie Contest
The following is a list of new contests for adults:
• Ball Fresh Preserving Award Contest for canned fruit, vegetables, pickles, jams and jellies
• Red Star Yeast Bread Contest
• Angel Food Cake Contest
• 27th Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest
• PA Preferred Chocolate Cake Baking Contest
• Thumbprint Cookie Contest
• Quilt Block Theme Contest "Treasure the Memories Breast Cancer Awareness"
• Quilted Place Mat Contest
The 2014 Premium Book provides more details about these contests, such as how to enter and present your exhibit at the fair.
For more details about fair entries, visit www.carboncountyfair.com for an online copy or locations to obtain a hard copy of the premium book.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kristin Simmons at 570-778-9026.
Only preregistered entries will be accepted between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Aug. 3, which is the day before the opening of the fair.
The fair will be held Aug. 4 through Aug. 9. Entry forms and fees must be postmarked by Saturday, July 19.