Six Human Services contracts approved
Schuylkill County commissioners on Wednesday approved six one-year contracts for the Office of Human Services:
• NHS Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, for medical assistance transportation program services for NHS clients with rates of $14.50 for one-way trip for trips under 10 miles and $15.50 for one-way trip for over 10 miles.
• Lifeline Systems, Framingham, Massachusetts, for personal emergency response systems monitoring for attendant care clients at $25 per eligible consumer per month.
• Maximum Care, Whitehall, for homemaker/personal care services with rates of $17.25 per hour of regular service and $25.88 per hour of holiday service.
• Aaron Healthcare, Allentown, for homemaker/personal care services with rates of $17.76 per hour of regular service and $26.64 per hour of holiday service.
• Schuylkill Transportation System as managed by the Schuylkill County Transportation Authority, Saint Clair, for medical assistance transportation program services with rates ranging from 50 cents per child bus ticket up to $87 per hour for urgent care transportation.
• Schuylkill Community Action, Pottsville, for bridge housing services at a cap of $138,972 and outreach case management services with a cap of $33,602, for a total contract cap of $172,574.
Commissioners also approved a $14,046.80 contract with Wiland Associates to provide the emergency management agency's task force with an Emergency Management Institute logistics section chief training course.
The contract will be paid for through a Homeland Security grant program.
Commissioners also learned that the county retirement fund continues to do well.
The total market value as of Wednesday morning stood at $124.8 million.