The costs add up with DUI
The costs associated with a driving under the influence arrest depend on several factors, including blood alcohol content, location of arrest (different counties have different court associated costs) and the number of offenses.
The effect on your wallet begins the second you are pulled over by law enforcement and may include:
• Traffic fine $300 to $10,000 depending on BAC and number of offenses within a 10-year time frame
• Vehicle towed $50 or more
• Impound fees $75 to $175 per day
• Legal fees $2,000 to $8,000 or more depending on attorney
• Alcohol evaluation $35 to $100
• ARD $50 per month or more
• Drug and alcohol education classes $100 to $1,000 or more
• Pennsylvania Department of Transportation license restoration fee $25 noncommercial, $75 for a commercial license
• Insurance premium adjustment $1,000 a year or policy termination
These are typical estimates.