Winners of holiday lighting contest named in Lehighton
Brenda Koons, secretary of Lehighton Borough, announced the winners of the 2014 Lehighton holiday lighting contest.
The contest had two categories this year, residential and commercial.
The borough sponsors the contest.
Residential winners received a $25 discount on their utility bill. Commercial winners were given a $100 discount on their utility bills.
The borough owns its own electric distribution system. It purchases electricity wholesale and resells it to borough residents.
Residential winners are:
• Arlington Everett, 501 N. 10th St.
• Gregory Frantz, 230 N. Sixth St.
• Brian and Debra Fritzinger, 136 N. Fifth St.
• Kristy Hahn, 446 Bridge St.
• Raymond Klotz, 440 N. Third St.
• Mary Lichtenwalner, 228 N. Sixth St.
• Lamont Rodgers Jr., 1 Second Ave.
• Ian Shupp, 231 Alum St.
Commercial winners are:
• Kovatch Dealerships Inc., 363 N. First St.
• Mahoning Court, 71 Blakeslee Blvd.
• Sapore's Restaurant, 99 E. Bridge St.
• Silver Scissor's Hair Salon, 178 S. First St.
Koons said next year the categories to be judged will be nostalgic, whimsical, collaborative, brightest, and most traditional.