'Pray for Emily' page honors teen crash victim
Friends and family of one of five teenagers in Sunday's Franklin Township crash have started a Facebook page in her honor.
"Pray for Emily" was started as a tribute to Palmerton teen, Emily Brong.
At press time this morning, the page already had more than 2,650 likes. Through the page, family and friends are offering prayers for Emily, who is still in ICU at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest.
The multi-car crash happened along Pohopoco Road in Franklin Township just after 11 a.m Sunday.
The five teens were going to practice softball when they were hit by two other vehicles. Also seriously injured was Tyler Fisher.
The crash entered the spotlight because one of the drivers was Liz Heffley, daughter of State Rep. Dolye Heffley.
Heffley issued a press release about the accident Monday and Liz Heffley noted on Facebook, "Darion, Liz, Tyler, and Brooke are all going through the recovery process as of right now. Emily though is in need of our prayers as a community. She is currently in the ICU."
Kelli Heffley, Liz's mother wrote, "Thank you to all who are praying for the kids that were in the accident yesterday.
She continued to say: "Three are most likely being released today and two remain in ICU.
She asked people to "please continue to pray for them and their families for speedy recoveries."
Some of the other comments included:
• "Praying for healing."
• "Lord please bless this child ... please heal her Lord ... please help her family during this difficult time Jesus ... restore her to her former condition ... add on them with strength and endurance, plus the physicians in charge of her care. I ask all these things in your precious name Amen."
• "I bless you and Emily will all pray for her and this time of need."
• "Woke up this morning and immediately thought of you ... still praying."
• "My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family."
• "Praying for you Emily!"
• "You have been in my prayers since Sunday. Be strong Emily.
• " Thoughts and prayers to you and your family"
• "I pray that everyone involved in the car accident get better and God be with them and there families. God Bless all."