CART announces meeting schedule
Carbon County Animal Response Team has announced its meeting schedule for the first half of the year.
All meetings are held at 7 p.m., at the Carbon County EmergencyManagement Agency,located off Route 93 on top of the Broad Mountainin Nesquehoning, unless otherwise noted.
The dates, as well as speakers are as follows:
• Jan. 28: Kelly Bauer will present Zoonotics for small animals.
• Feb. 22: 10 a.m., Frank Beckett will present an overview on ropes and rigging.
• March 25: Kim Shoop will present an overview on large animals.
• April 26: 10 a.m., off-site location, Kim Shoop will present large animal first aid and CPR.
• May 27: Diane Sharpless will present video on large animal rescues.
• June 28: 10 a.m., trailer drill, what the group has, what is used and where it is located.
• July 22: forms and their use.
The Carbon CART team is a volunteer team that aims to help animals during emergencies. Volunteers are always needed.
For more information, go to the group's Facebook page Carbon CART, attend a meeting or contact Diane Sharpless at 570-778-6886.