Catholic Schools Week, Open House will take place at SS. Peter and Paul School in Lehighton
St. Peter and Paul School, 307 Coal St., Lehighton will kick off Catholic Schools Week with an open house Sunday, Jan. 26 beginning with Mass at 11 a.m. followed by tours, registrations, refreshments and an academic fair featuring the history of Carbon County, to be held until 2:30 p.m.
A Middle States Accredited school in the Diocese of Allentown, SSPP offers full-time preschool though eighth grade classes.
St. Peter and Paul offers a Robotics Club, Student Council, newspaper, yearbook, service opportunities, CYO sports activities, and before and after school care.
Students registering for first through eighth grades must present a birth and baptismal certificate, and may be required to take placement tests in reading and math.
Students registering for kindergarten must be 5 years old by Oct. 15, 2014 and present a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, and immunization records. A readiness screening will be presented to all prospective kindergarten students.
Students registering for preschool must be four years old by Oct. 15, 2014 and present birth and baptismal certificates.
Last year, the school awarded over $50,000 in scholarships to its students.
To schedule a tour, call or email Sherry Sernak, principal, at 610-377-4466 or email email@example.com, or visit on the web at ssppschool.org.
Other Catholic Schools Week activities include:
• Monday, Jan. 27, is Pastor Appreciation Day. The Marian Rock Music Ministry will be music ministers at 10 a.m. mass. All are welcome. It is also Career Day. Students should dress as what they wish to be when they grow up. Featured speakers from the community will talk to students about career choices.
• Tuesday, Jan. 28 is Team Day. Student of the Month will be honored. Talent show practice will be held from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m. Students are encouraged to wear their Team Day uniform.
• Wednesday, Jan. 29 is Parent/Grandparent Appreciation Day. Students will honor their families with a Parent/Grandparent Luncheon. Students should wear their winter or standard uniform.
• Thursday, Jan. 30 is Student Appreciation Day. All students will be honored at a 9 a.m. assembly. It is also Pajama and Crazy Hair Day. Students should wear pajamas to school with shoes or sneakers. Talent Show Practice will be held from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m.
• The week of celebration closes on Friday, with Teacher Appreciation Day. Students should dress in winter or standard uniform. Students will watch a movie in the school hall in the morning. Everyone is asked to bring a donation of a can of tuna for the local food pantry for entry into the movie. In the afternoon, all are invited to the annual Student Council Sponsored Talent Show and Bake Sale at noon in the Borough Annex.