Skip to main content

Two fires are ruled accidental

Published January 13. 2014 08:01AM

Two Schuylkill County fires have been ruled accidental.

State police fire marshal Trooper Joseph Burns, of the Frackville barracks, said a fire that occurred at 92 Ben Titus Rd., in Rush Township, that occurred on Jan. 10 started in the rear of the home in an enclosed porch. He attributed the fire to an electric space heater. The home was occupied by Aaron Gimbel, Megan Devlin, and Rose Mashak. Mashak was injured in the fire and transported to an area hospital for treatment of burns to her feet.

The second fire occurred at 78 Hill Rd., in Foster Township. Burn said an investigation revealed the fire began within a first floor room. The cause was attributed to an extension cord. Damages in that fire were estimated at $400,000.

The property is owned by Joseph J. Roperto, 83, of Falls Church, Va. No injuries were reported.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries