Palmerton School Board acts on agenda items
Action taken by Palmerton Area School Board on Tuesday is as follows:
• Approved the retirement of Bonnie Vito, instructional assistant at Parkside Education Center, and S.S. Palmer Elementary, effective Jan. 2.
• Approved the retirement of Betty Kleintop, cafeteria server at the high school, effective Nov. 18, 2013.
• Approved the resignation of Kelly Recker, instructional assistant at Towamensing Elementary, effective Dec. 13, 2013.
• Approved the resignation of Brielle Siegfried, learning support teacher at Parkside Education Center, and S.S. Palmer Elementary, effective within the contractual 60-day retention date being Jan. 14.
• Approved Melanie Dickson as a cafeteria worker assigned to the junior/senior high school, for four hours per day, at a rate of $10.95 an hour, effective Jan. 8.
• Approved James Crisafulli as an instructional assistant assigned to Towamensing Elementary, not to exceed 29.5 hours per week, at a rate of $13.05 an hour, effective Dec. 18.
• Approved Ryan Wentz, mathematics, as a day-to-day substitute teacher, effective Jan. 8.
• Approved Marlena Beers, custodian, as day-to-day substitute support staff, effective Jan. 8.
• Approved Matthew Zellner as a day-to-day substitute instructional assistant, effective Jan. 8.
• Approved the leave of absence beginning Nov. 15, 2013, for Susan Beers. Her return to work date is to be determined.
• Approved change order No. 001 for the Blanski Inc. project. The contract sum will be increased by this change order in the amount of $20,068, and the new contract sum including this change order will be $545,868.
• Approved the Employee Assistance Program Agreement with St. Luke's Hospital, at no cost to the district.
• Accepted, on a 7-2 vote, the donation of 10 cases of water from Safeway Driving School, Inc. Directors Charles Gildner and Susan Debski were opposed.
• Authorized the superintendent and business manager to make and release payments for the remaining December accounts payable.
• Granted permission to advertise for the 2014-15 athletic/athletic medical/janitorial/lighting supplies, general school supplies and office paper bids.