No changes on Palmerton Council
TERRY AHNER/TIMES NEWS Palmerton Borough Council members on hand for its reorganizational meeting on Monday include (front row, from left) Terry Costenbader, president, Holly Sell, Jeremy Barbosa, (back row, lfrom left) Kris Hoffner, Michael Ballard, and Jason Behler, vice president. Not pictured is Councilman Richard Nothstein.
Palmerton will function under the same direction in 2014.
By a 5-0 vote, with one abstention, borough council agreed at its reorganizational meeting on Monday to reappoint Terry Costenbader as president. Costenbader abstained from the vote. Councilman Richard Nothstein was absent.
Also by the same margin, council reappointed Jason Behler as vice president. Behler abstained from the vote.
Also as part of its reorganization, council:
• Appointed Rodger Danielson as borough manager, secretary, and streets commissioner.
• Appointed Donna McGarry as treasurer/ assistant secretary.
• Appointed Michael Ozalas as solicitor.
• Appointed Keystone Engineers as general engineer.
• Appointed ARRO Consulting Engineers as sewer and water engineer.
• Appointed Duane Dellecker as code enforcement officer.
• Appointed Larry Zawaly as code enforcement agent.
• Appointed ARRO Consulting Engineers as sewer enforcement officer.
• Appointed Lamont Musselman to a six-year term on the Police Civil Service Commission.
• Appointed Andy Jordan to a three-year term, and Gerald Robertson, to a one-year term as an alternate on the zoning hearing board.
• Appointed Thomas Vanderbeck to a five-year term on the municipal authority.
• Appointed Costenbader and Christopher Anthony to four-year terms on the planning commission.
• Appointed Thomas Schmidt to a five-year term on the Palmerton Hospital Authority.
• Appointed Karin Kasten to a two-year term on the Council Vacancy Board.
• Appointed Joseph Kercsmar as emergency management coordinator.
• Appointed Jack Woginrich as representative to the library board.
• Appointed Danielson as representative to Carbon County Solid Waste Advisory Committee.
• Appointed McGarry as representative to Carbon County Tax Collection Committee, with Danielson as the alternate, and Richard Nothstein as second alternate.
•- Announced council will continue to meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Exceptions include the month of November, when council meets the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and in December, when council meets the first and third Thursday of the month.
Also as part of its reorganization, council announced openings on the following committees:
• A five-year and two-year term on the Board of Health.
• A three-year term on the Palmerton Hospital Authority.
• A five-year and three-year term on the BOCA Board of Appeals.