Penn's Peak Valentine's show
The oldies band Remember When will be doing a Valentines dinner dance at Penn's Peak on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Penn's Peak has announced its Valentine's concert for 2014.
The valentine's dinner dance is a perennial attraction at the Jim Thorpe area venue.
The oldies band, Remember When, will put on a dinner show on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. with the Remember When show at 7 p.m.
Reservations are required in advance and tickets went on sale today. The reservations can be placed through the Penn's Peak box office at 866-605-7325 or by calling Deb Biege at 610-826-9663.
The band consists of Bud Wychulis, Jim Martuscelli, Rick Martuscelli, Cheryl Martuscelli, and Sandra Wychulis.
Remember When is one of the longest enduring oldies bands in the region.
One of the most popular oldies bands in eastern and central Pennsylvania, Remember When takes you on a musical journey through the roots of rock 'n' roll.
Among the songs in the bands repertoire are "At the Hop" by Danny and the Juniors, "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison, "Duke of Earl" by Gene Chandler, "Wake Up Little Suzie" by the Everly Brothers, and "Runaround Sue" by Dion and the Belmonts.
Meanwhile, next up at Penn's Peak is a concert on Saturday night by country singer Phil Vassar.
Vassar has a career that has seen the release of eight albums, two ASCAP Songwriter of the Year trophies, Billboard Country Songwriter of the Year, countless hits as a singer and songwriter and a mantle full of awards and the launch of his own Rodeowave Entertainment label continues to expand and evolve.
As a singer/songwriter, he has hit the Top 5 seven times with songs like "Carlene," "Last Day of My Life" and "American Child" and topped the charts with "In A Real Love" and the perennial favorite "Just Another Day in Paradise." Known as one of Nashville's top tunesmiths, his songs other artists have taken to No. 1 include "My Next Thirty Years" by Tim McGraw, "She's Right On The Money" by Alan Jackson, and Jo Dee Messina's "Bye, Bye" and "I'm Alright."
The list of upcoming concerts at Penn's Peak is as follows:
• 11 - Phil Vassar, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 and $27.
• 31 - KIX with special guest Autograph, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 at the door.
• 1 - Fran Cosmo, former lead singer of BOSTON, 8 p.m. Tickets $20 advance, $25 day of show.
• 8 - Changes in Latitudes, America's Premier Jimmy Buffett Tribute Show, 8 p.m. Tickets $15 advance, $20 day of show.
• 15 - Remember When Valentine's Dinner Dance (Reservations Required, call box office at 866-605-7325 or Deb Biege at 610-826-9663). Tickets $45.
• 21 - Vince Gill, 8 p.m. Tickets $49 and $54.
• 22 - Bruce in the U.S.A., 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 1 - Pink Floyd Experience, 8 p.m. Tickets $30 and $35.
• 9 - Dickey Betts & Great Southern, 8 p.m. Tickets $29 and $34.
• 21 - Don Williams with Colm Kirwan, 8 p.m. Ticklets $34 and $39.
• 22 - Rhonda Vincent & the Rage, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show.
• 30 - Heart, 8 p.m. Tickets $62 pit, $52 reserved seating.
• 5 - Blue Oyster with Foghat, 8 p.m. Tickets $35 advance, $40 day of show.
• 11 - Mike DelGuidice and Big Shot, The Ultimate Billy Joel Experience, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance and $22 day of show.
• 25 - QueensrÃÂ¿che, 8 p.m. Tickets $30 advance, $35 at the door.
• 26 - Sha Na Na, 45th Anniversary Show, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show.
• 20 - REO Speedwagon, 8 p.m. Tickets $35 advance, $40 at door.
• 26 - Happy Together Tour 2014 featuring The Turtles, other groups. 8 p.m. Tickets $39 and $44.
2014 Luncheon Shows
• April 29 - The Artie Shaw Orchestra.
• April 30 & May 1 - A tribute to Benny Goodman and Peggy Lee.
• May 6-8 - Branson Fever.
• May 20-21 - Danny & the Juniors.
• Oct 7-9 - The Swing Dolls, a tribute to the USO.
• Oct. 14-15 - The Four Freshmen.
• Oct. 22-23 - Bill Haley's Comets.
• Oct. 28-30 - Real Diamond.
• Nov. 5-6 - The Glenn Miller Orchestra.