Palmerton's last day is June 17
Much like its contemporaries across the state, Palmerton Area School District has had to alter the remainder of its school calendar.
The school board approved revisions Tuesday to the district's 2013-14 school calendar.
Superintendent Scot Engler announced that March 31 will be a snow make-up day, while the tentative last day for classes is June 17.
In other business, the board:
• Accepted the single audit report dated June 30, 2013, as presented.
• Approved Judith Hall, elementary K-6, and Stephanie Blaker, mid level grades 4-8, as day-to-day substitute teachers, effective today.
• Approved Diana Silvestri, cafeteria, and Kathryn Kunkle, cafeteria, as day-to-day substitute support staff, effective today.
• Appointed Katherine Gilmartin as mentor teacher for Kristen Tubbs for the second semester of the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved retirement for Lois Markley, cashier at Towamensing Elementary, effective June 30, 2014.
• Approved Marlena Beers as a part time custodian, assigned to Towamensing Elementary for five hours per day, at a rate of $11.65 an hour.
• Appointed Berkheimer Associates, Bangor, as the delinquent tax collector of the 2013-14 school year per capita taxes, effective Jan. 1, 2014 (There is no fee assessed to the district for this service; the fees are assessed to the taxpayer).
• Exonerated current tax collectors Maria Smith, Bowmanstown Borough, $2,290; Connie Brown, Lower Towamensing Township, $6,830; Diane Andreas, Palmerton Borough, $9,850; and R. Bruce Reiner, Towamensing Township, $6,280, from the collection of the 2013-14 school year delinquent per capita taxes, effective Jan. 1, 2014.