Skip to main content

Carbon monoxide incident investigated in Tamaqua

  • DONALD R. SERFASS/TIMES NEWS Tamaqua firefighters were dispatched to Penn Street on Thursday afternoon for a potential carbon monoxide incident, the second such call in two weeks in the same general neighborhood.
    DONALD R. SERFASS/TIMES NEWS Tamaqua firefighters were dispatched to Penn Street on Thursday afternoon for a potential carbon monoxide incident, the second such call in two weeks in the same general neighborhood.
Published August 01. 2014 04:00PM

For the second time in two weeks, firefighters responded to a potential carbon monoxide incident in Tamaqua's South Ward community.

A Schuylkill Communications Center dispatch at 3:10 p.m. Thursday sent emergency responders to a wood frame house at 206 Penn St.

However, there were no reports of illness at that location, and firefighters believe a carbon monoxide detector triggered for an unknown reason.

"It looks to be a malfunctioning unit," said Capt. Jason Hartz, Citizens Fire Company.

On July 19, members of a family were sickened by suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at nearby Spruce Street in the same general neighborhood.

At least five occupants of a row house were evacuated, including at least three children. All were taken to St. Luke's Hospital - Miners Campus, some for treatment after falling ill, others as a precaution.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries