Pleasant Valley awarded grant money for grades 6-8
Pleasant Valley School District was one of 12 Pennsylvania schools selected to be awarded additional funds through the Keystones to Opportunity (KTO)'s competitive grant process. The district will receive $100,000 to be used in the middle level (grades 6-8) statutory funding area.
The school board recently approved:
• hiring part-time paraprofessional associates at an annual salary of $20,331, prorated, effective the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year: Amanda Musarra, replacement for Karin DePaul; Rhonda Price, replacement for Carol Simonson; and Rosemary Denis, replacement for Billye Kubiak;
• the transfer of Erlene McCormick, part-time paraprofessional associate from PVHS to PVE, and Mark Getz from PVHS in-school suspension to PVMS in-school suspension;
• hiring Jessica Carlini, long-term substitute biology/science teacher for Keith Bast at $40,900; Yvette Shelter, replacement for Kim Engler at $62,700; Chad Friend, replacement for Michele Confer, eighth-grade physical science at $40,900;
• accepting the resignation of Colleen Baker, PVE part-time paraprofessional associate, and Jason Lagowy, PVI 5th grade teacher, effective Aug. 12;
• fall intramural advisers: Todd Urland and Brent Dorshimer, girls' softball;
• 2013-2014 coaching resignations: Angela Frantz, head field hockey; Jessica Frantz, assistant varsity field hockey; James Shay, assistant JV field hockey; Alison Kutzler, assistant junior high field hockey; Paul McCrone, assistant JV boys' soccer;
• 2013-2014 coaching positions: Jessica Frantz, head field hockey; James Shay, assistant varsity field hockey; Chad Friend, assistant JV boys' soccer;
• the OverDrive (School Download Library) Access Agreements in the amount of $3,500. Participation is through a CIU20 consortium;
• the contracted services with The RedCo Group-Consolidated Training Services for SBMH Counseling Services in the amount of $92,000, including the ICE program;
• contract with CSI for $890 annually for auditorium A/V system preventive maintenance for PVHS from Oct. 1, 2013-Sept. 30, 2014;
• contract with CSI for $5,970 annually for fire alarm, intercom, TV preventive maintenance for PVMS from Oct. 1, 2013-Sept. 30, 2014;
• $240 per week for extended school year classroom instruction with the Graham Academy at $99.96 per hour for itinerant services. Classroom and related services for student, effective June 17, 2013 and expired Aug. 1, 2013.