Skip to main content

Kitchen fire in Tamaqua

  • KATHY KUNKEL/TIMES NEWS
    KATHY KUNKEL/TIMES NEWS
Published October 31. 2013 05:01PM

A kitchen fire in Tamaqua on Wednesday afternoon left one woman temporarily homeless. All four fire companies responded to the 1:25 p.m. alarm, quickly knocking down the fire, containing damage to the kitchen area in an apartment at the Jewells building, 132 E. Broad St. Traffic was tied up for about 45 minutes along the busy highway, adding to the usual Wednesday traffic nightmares. The tenant, Jenny Yowre, was aided by the Tamaqua Salvation Army.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries