Skip to main content

Fire companies respond to furnace malfunction

  • Fire trucks from Slatington, Walnutport and Palmerton line Main St. in Slatington this morning for a call of smoke in an apartment building. Crews arrived to find a furnace malfunction and ventilated the building.
    Fire trucks from Slatington, Walnutport and Palmerton line Main St. in Slatington this morning for a call of smoke in an apartment building. Crews arrived to find a furnace malfunction and ventilated the building.
Published October 21. 2013 05:00PM

A furnace malfunction caused an apartment building in Slatington to fill up with smoke this morning.

The Slatington Fire Department was dispatched at about 8:20 a.m. to a building at 344 Main St., at which time about 10 people were evacuated, said Slatington Fire Chief Keith Weaver.

"The second floor apartment was filling up with smoke," Weaver said. "We evacuated the building, re-ventilated the building, and checked to make sure there was no CO (carbon monoxide)."

There were no injuries reported, and no damage was done to the building, Weaver said. The incident was under control within about a half-hour, he said.

Also assisting at the scene were the Palmerton Fire Department with its ladder truck, and Diamond Fire Company of Walnutport, with its ladder truck, Weaver said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been fi...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries