Lineup set for Lehighton parade
The 43rd annual Lehighton Area Halloween Parade will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday.
The rain date is 2 p.m. Sunday.
Julie Harris, parade chairman, said honored this year will be the 4-H Clubs of Carbon County. Leading the contingent of 4-H members will be Carbon County's longest serving member, Robert Miller of Franklin Township and his wife Ferne.
Harris said registration on Saturday will be 2 to 3:45 p.m.
The five-division parade will begin on Eighth and Coal Street, proceed to Third Street, travel south on Third to Mahoning Street, turn onto Mahoning to Eighth Street, and end at the Community Grove.
The lineup is as follows:
• Marshalls: Parade committee members Charles Harris, Hilbert "Hilly" Haas, and secretary/treasurer Judy Harris.
• Carbon County Sheriff Dwight Nothstein.
• Parade beggers
• Lehighton Police Department: Patrolman Matt Ahner and Lehighton Mayor Donald Rehrig.
• Lehighton United Veterans Organization.
• Lehighton Area High School Band.
• 2013 Grand Marshall - Robert "Bobby" Miller representing 4-H clubs of Carbon County, followed by members and leaders of 4-H clubs.
• Carbon County Fair Queen and her court.
• Lehighton Daisy Troop 38 (Little Red Riding Hood & the Big Bad Wolf).
• Blocker Yamaha-Kawasaki-Kymco.
• Girl Scout Junior Troop 3248 (Girl Scouts Always Look at the Sunny Side of Life).0
• Lehighton Athletic Booster Club (LABC Zombie Pride).
• Lehighton Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Frable.
• Marshall: Committee member Scott Rehrig
• Carbon Sheriff Department, Lt. David Midas.
• Bethlehem Bagpiper Band.
• Palmerton Daisy Troop 33 (Under the Sea).
• KARE Pet Sitting and Great Expectations Professional Pet Sitting (Dogs in Costume).
• Jack and Jill Pre-School (Jack & Jill's Harvest Hoedown).
• Committee to Elect Jean Papay, Register of Wills.
• State Representative Doyle Heffley.
• Mountain Karate Academy.
• Storm All-Stars.
• Free Scrap Removal.
• Mahoning Valley Ambulance.
• Marshall: Chairperson Julie Harris.
• Franklin Township Police Chief Thomas Beltz.
• Hobo Almost Marching Band.
• The Sword Tag Society.
• Lehighton Browing Troop 3862 (Brownies Are Ready Helpers).
• Herbie the Love Bug.
• Lehighton Cadette Troop 3583 (On the Oregon Trail).
• A.D.D. Band (Rock Tober).
• Dance With Kim School of Performing Arts LLC (Live for the Applause).
• Carbon County Republican Committee.
• Gerber Collision & Glass (Monsters).
• Marshalls: Todd Kriner and David Nothstein.
• Carbon County Sheriff Department, Patrolman Dan Long.
• Perseverance Jazz Band.
• Lehighton Cub Pack 187 (Scouting 4 Food).
• St. Matthew's Pre-School (We've Got Character).
• Lehighton Volleyball Program.
• Yuengling Beer Wagon/Leiby Horses.
• Lehighton Cub Pack 82 (Cub Scouts: It's Food, Clean Fun).
• Yenser's Tree Farm
• Tumble With Denise (Beauty & The Beast).
• Jukebox Cruisers Car Club.
• Jim Thorpe National Bank (You'll Be In Paradise when You Bank With Jim Thorpe National Bank).
• Marshalls: Tom Silvonek and Ed Beckett
• Lehighton Police Department, Patrolman Gabe Szozda.
• Blue Eagles Drum & Bugle Corp.
• Lehighton Rotary Club and Lehighton Area Pool Pals (Lehighton Handmade Holiday Craft Show featuring the Real Mr. and Mrs. Santa A. Claus).
• Lehighton Sons of the American Legion Squad 314.
• Tricia's Dance Extreme (Let's Get Loud).
• Carbon County Democratic Party.
• Hoat's Wholesale (Sweet Dreams).
• St. Luke's University Health Network.
• Kreitz Refrigeration.
• Mahoning Valley Volunteer Fire Company, Fire Chief Mark Ebbert.
• Franklin Township Fire Company, Fire Chief Bruce Wolfe.