Where to get your flu shot
A dose of flu vaccine is the best defense against contracting seasonal flu. Here's where to get your shot:
Blue Mountain Health System, will offer flu shots free of charge at walk-in clinics:
• Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 4 -6 p.m. at Blue Mountain Medical Plaza, Bank St., Bowmanstown for adults 18 years of age and older.
• Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Palmerton Hospital campus, Colombia St. entrance (2nd floor). The shots will be given free to children 12 years and older and adults.
• Wednesday, Nov. 13 ,from 4 - 6 p.m. at the Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital campus Community Room (ground floor). The shots will be given free to children 12 years and older and adults.
The clinics will be open only as long as the vaccine supply lasts.
St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital: The shots, for adults, are free for the under-insured:
• Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at St. Luke's Sports and Rehab, Jim Thorpe.
• Thursday, Oct. 10, from 10 a.m.-noon, at the Nesquehoning Senior Center.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Tamaqua Medical Center, 137 Railroad St.
• Sunday, Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Maple Shade Health Fair, Maple Shade Meadows, 50 E. Locust St., Nesquehoning.
Pocono Regional Medical Center: The shorts are free for adults, but registration is required. Call (570) 426-2820.
• Friday, Oct. 18, from 1 to 5 p.m. at Brodheadsville Family Medicine, Route 209 and Kevin Lane, Broadheadsville.