Some big stars have concert dates at Penn's Peak
Gordon Lightfoot, who had the giant hit "If You Could Read My Mind," will be at Penn's Peak on Oct. 26.
Some very popular artists are coming to Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe including Gordon Lightfoot, America, Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, and Vince Gill.
Tonight at the venue, country singer Chris Cagle will be on stage, while opening for him will be Mallory Hope. The concert gets underway at 8 p.m.
Next Thursday, Marvin Seals & JGB will be bringing the music of the Jerry Garcia Band to the local stage.
Then on Oct. 18 and the 25, two bands which play great oldies songs will be featured.
On Oct. 18, it's Back to the Eighties Show with Jessie's Girl. Some of these former band members played in Rubix Cube.
The band has a large repertoire of oldies songs.
Real Diamond, a tribute to Neil Diamond starring Curtis DiDomizio, will entertain on Oct. 25. Expect to hear some of those great songs of the past such as "Sweet Caroline," "I Am I Said," and "Cherry, Cherry."
Gordon Lightfoot, whose signature song is "If You Could Read My Mind," will be making a return visit to Jim Thorpe on Oct. 26. Other hits by Lightfoot include "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," "Sundown," and "Rainy Day People."
Coming Nov. 2 is America, which is sure to once again attract a very large crowd as it always does when performing at Penn's Peak. The biggest hit for America was "Horse With No Name," while other hits were "Tin Man" and "Ventura Highway."
Making their first appearance at Penn's Peak is Rhonda Vincent and the Rage on March 22. Rhonda Vincent was proclaimed by The Wall Street Journal as "the queen of bluegrass."
She has attained numerous awards.
Don't forget Vince Gill's return on Feb. 21. One of country music's most recognized performers, his hits include "I Still Believe in You" and "When I Call Your Name."
The upcoming schedule for Penn's Peak is as follows:
• 4 - Chris Cagle, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 and $29.
• 10 - Marvin Seals & JGB, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 18 - Back to the Eighties Show with Jessie's Girl, 9 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 25 - Real Diamond, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 at door.
• 26 - Gordon Lightfoot's "50 Years on the Carefree Highway Tour," 8 p.m. Tickets $42 and $37.
• 2 - America, 8 p.m. Tickets $35 and $40.
• 9 - Get the Led Out, 8 p.m. Tickets $33 Pit, $28 reserved seating, $23 standing room only.
• 16 - .38 Special, 8 p.m. Tickets $37 pit, $32 rserved seating.
• 22 - Robert Randolph & the Family Band, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show.
• 27 - Dark Star Orchestra, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show. December
• 14 - Christmas with the Celts, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 and $27.
• 21 - Vince Gill, 8 p.m. Tickets $49 and $54.
• 22 - Bruce in the U.S.A., 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 22 - Rhonda Vincent & the Rage, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 at the door.
• Oct. 15, 16, and 17 - King Henry and the Showmen - One More for the Road, The Farewell Tour. Doors open 11:30 a.m., showtime 1 p.m., lunch noon.
• Oct. 24 - Real Diamond. Doors open 11:30 a.m., showtime 1 p.m., lunch noon.