Skip to main content

Fire in closet is extinguished before spreading

Published October 03. 2013 05:00PM

A dwelling fire at a double home in Palmerton last evening has left one family displaced.

The Palmerton Fire Department responded to the fire at a double home at 305-307 Columbia Avenue at around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Fire Chief Larry Zawaly said the fire originated in the upstairs closet of the home at 305 Columbia.

Upon arrival, Zawaly said the upstairs closet next to the bathroom at 305 was fully involved in fire. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within about five to 10 minutes, he said.

"We prevented it from spreading to the other house," Zawaly said. "Both sides were inhabited, but they got out."

Zawaly said there was substantial heat and smoke damage to the upstairs of 305 Columbia, which he said is not livable.

Also assisting at the scene were the Aquashicola and Bowmanstown fire departments, Palmerton police and Palmerton fire police.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries