How to adopt a tree
Palmerton's Christmas in the Park 2013 program to be held from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, in the borough park.
Tree adoption guidelines:
•The Carbon Builders Association will build the tree stands.
• Trees will be on stands and noted with tree number and the information of decorator.
• The committee is not responsible for any theft, destruction, or other actions that could happen to the trees over the course of this season. Anyone who sees any suspicious behavior toward the trees should contact police.
• Trees should be decorated Dec. 1-6.
• All trees have access to electricity. Those who decorate their trees must use LED lights, and have an extension cord, noted with their name, connected to their lights.
• The electricity to each individual's tree will not be turned on when they decorate. Please test all lights before arriving at the park. The committee will connect the lights to the outlets.
• No tinsel or items that can easily blow off are to be used.
• A tree skirt is recommended. Recommendations include a length of cheap material or burlap that is about 40-feet-wide and 8-feet-long; a round plastic table cover (make a slit in it to get an instant weather resistant skirt).
• In the event of a bad storm, those who decorate the trees are asked to check on them in case any of their ornaments came loose.
• All trees are to be undecorated starting Saturday, Jan. 25. The committee will dispose of the tree and the tree stand.
Anyone with questions may contact Michele O' Neill, committee chairperson, at 610-737-4503.