Skip to main content

Residents displaced following electrical fire in Tresckow

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Tresckow firefighter Dave Gentele, left, and McAdoo chief engineer utilize a thermal imaging camera to inspect and monitor heated electrical lines inside the wall to the home.
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS Tresckow firefighter Dave Gentele, left, and McAdoo chief engineer utilize a thermal imaging camera to inspect and monitor heated electrical lines inside the wall to the home.
Published May 23. 2013 05:03PM

Residents living at 11 West Hickory Street in Tresckow are displaced following an electrical fire late last night at their home.

Firefighters were called to the home around 11 p.m. for a report of a structure fire after residents stated they smelled something burning and noticed the lower level of their home filling with smoke. Firefighters were quick to turn off power after determining that the problem started at the main power box outside the home, which was sending live current through neutral and ground wires of the home.

Firefighters said this was causing all the wires in the home to smolder. Although there was talk on scene stating that a lightning strike was involved, no official cause was reported.

PPL also responded within a few minutes and removed the electrical box until electrical repairs are done. Neighbors said that the residents of the home, along with their small dog, are staying with family for the meantime. Firefighters and tanker trucks from Tresckow, McAdoo, Hometown and Hazleton were called. McAdoo and Tresckow firefighters remained on scene during the response. Firefighters added that the situation could have been much worse if no one was home.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries