Wine on the Mountain notes 10th anniversary
The Lehigh Valley Wine Trail will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its popular Wine on the Mountain festival on Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28 from noon to 5 p.m. both days at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe.
Wine on the Mountain features wine samplings and sales from Lehigh Valley wineries, local artisans displaying their arts and crafts, and light fare available for purchase from Roadies Restaurant.
There is also live musical entertainment with the Billy Bauer Duo performing on Saturday and the Jake Kaligis Dynamic Duo performing on Sunday.
The well-known venue offers panoramic views of Beltzville Lake and the surrounding Appalachian mountainside from its large open-air deck.
Vendors will feature everything from gourmet foods and dipping oils, to hand-made jewelry and scented candles. This year's artisans include:
• Country Glo Soy Candles - Soy container candles and accessories
• Top Shelf Specialties - Wine-themed gifts and wine accessories
• Princess and the Peony- Wine bottle hurricane lanterns and wind chimes that can be personalized for any occasion
• JD Gourmet - Balsamic vinegar and olive oil blends
• Larona Jewelry & Gifts - Crafted jewelry and art umbrellas
• Randi's Gourmet - Kitchen cutlery, salad dressings, BBQ and hot sauces
• Watermark Glass - Original designs etched/carved into wine glasses, glassware and vessels (vases/bowls) using a sandblast process
Tickets are required for this event and are $15 in advance or $20 at the door the weekend of the event.
They are on sale now at all Lehigh Valley Wine Trail member wineries as well as online. Admission includes a commemorative tasting glass.
Designated driver tickets are $8 each and will be sold at-the-door only the weekend of the event.
Wine on the Mountain is an adults-only event and attendees must be 21 years of age or older. It is a rain or shine event since it is held inside Penn's Peak in air-conditioned comfort.
The Lehigh Valley Wine Trail is a non-profit organization of wineries whose mission is to promote agri-tourism and to create a premiere wine destination and grape growing region while promoting Pennsylvania wines from the region. All of the member wineries have won numerous awards at state, national and international levels.