Six concerts announced for Penn's Peak
The fall line-up at Penn's Peak has become a bit busier.
Six new concerts have been announced for the venue. Tickets for all six are available to Penn's Peak Sneak Peak Club members.
For three of the concerts, tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. today. Tickets for the other three concerts go on sale to the general public next Saturday.
Here's the new additions:
• Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Coal Country Express, Friday, Sept. 27. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show. Tickets go on sale this morning.
• Melvin Seals & JGB, Thursday, Oct. 10. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show and are on sale this morning.
• Back to the Eighties Show with Jessie's Girl, Friday, Oct. 18. Tickets $17 advance and $22 day of show. Tickets on sale July 27.
• Real Diamond, Friday, Oct. 25. Tickets $17 and $22. Tickets on sale this morning.
• Get the Led Out, Saturday, Nov. 9. Tickets $33 pit, $28 reserved seating, and $23 standing room only. Ticket on sale Juy 27.
• .38 Special, Saturday, Nov. 16. Tickets $37 pit, $32 reserved seating.
Meanwhile, coming next to Penn's Peak are:
• July 24 Phil Lesh & Friends, 8 p.m. Tickets $54 advance, $59 day of show.
• July 25 Old Crow Medicine Show with Chuck Mead & His Grassy Knoll Boys, 8 p.m. Tickets $25 advance, $30 day of show.
• July 27 and 28 Wine on the Mountain.
Watch out for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band coming to Penn's Peak!!
July 16, 2013
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band has had a string of top 10 hits including "Fishin' In The Dark" and "Mr. Bojangles" and multiple Grammy, IBMA, CMA Awards and nominations.
Their groundbreaking "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" album has been inducted into the U.S. Library of Congress as well as the Grammy Hall of Fame. NGDB's recording of "Mr. Bojangles" was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2010.
The Back to the Eighties Show with Jessie's Girl will bring you the hits of Micheal Jackson, Madonna, and Prince.
Jessie's Girl is the definitive 80's experience! Throw on top of that: a load of super-fun choreography, audience participation, props, costumes bubbles, and confetti.
Members of the Jessie's Girl have toured the country and performed onstage with 80's artists Bret Michaels, MC Hammer, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Colin Hay (Men At Work), Naughty By Nature, Tone Loc, and many more.
Real Diamond, who does a tribute to Neal Diamond, stars Curtis DiDomizio.
DiDomizio was born and raised in the Philadelphia area.
The decision to move into performing Neil Diamond songs and the concept of a polished world-class tribute show stems from countless requests night after night at the Karaoke bars of patrons who, in those days, could hear the raspy growl and strong baritone quality in Curt's voice.
Before long he was singing such Diamond hits as "Sweet Caroline," "I Am I Said," and "Cracklin' Rosie."
Get the Led Out, which is a band that plays tribute to Led Zeppelin, has appeared at Penn's Peak numerous times, and always packs the house.
Get The Led Out is a group of professional musicians who are passionate about their love of the music of Led Zeppelin. It's been their mission to bring the studio recordings of "the mighty Zep" to life on the big concert stage. This is not an impersonator act but rather a group of musicians who were fans first, striving to do justice to one of the greatest bands in rock history!
38 Special is arock band formed by neighborhood friends Don Barnes and Donnie Van Zant in 1974 in Jacksonville, Florida. The bands first two albums had a strong southern rock influence. By the early 1980s, 38 Special shifted to a more accessible arena rock style without abandoning its southern rock roots. This shift helped to usher in a string of successful albums and singles.
Their breakthrough hit was "Hold On Loosely. "Caught Up in You" and "If I'd Been the One" both hit No. 1 on Billboard magazine's Album Rock Tracks chart.
Meanwhile, don't forget the deck parties at Penn's Peak.
Coming up are:
• 26 Free Range Folk, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 1 Jack Kaligis and the New Constitution, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 4 Richie Molinaro and Mr. Lou, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 8 Nightwind, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 9 Craig Thatcher Band, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 15 Billy Bauer Band, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 22 Steal Your Face Band, 6:30-9 p.m.
• 25 Coal County Express, 2-5 p.m.
Among other performers coming to Penn's Peak are Ted Nugent, Josh Turner, Chris Cagle, Phil Lesh, Gordon Lightfoot, and America.
For more information, visit Penn's Peak's Web site at www. pennspeak.com.