Skip to main content

Fire in electrical panel is quickly extinguished

  • Larry Neff/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS Firefighters respond to 38 Lentz Avenue, Lehighton, when an electrical box in the basement of the home began burning. First on the scene were employees of the Lehighton Light and Power Department, who cut the…
    Larry Neff/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS Firefighters respond to 38 Lentz Avenue, Lehighton, when an electrical box in the basement of the home began burning. First on the scene were employees of the Lehighton Light and Power Department, who cut the electrical service to the home.
Published January 26. 2013 09:02AM

A quick response by area firefighters and the luck of having two units of the Lehighton power company in the area likely saved a Lehighton home Friday morning.

The fire was first reported at 9:30 a.m. when a female called the Carbon County Telecommunications Center (9-1-1) from 38 Lentz Avenue and reported her circuit breaker panel in her basement was in flames.

The workers from the Lehighton Light and Power Department checked the basement then cut the service to the dwelling.

Fire companies from Lehighton, Franklin township and Mahoning Valley responded to the scene, checking out the basement then placing ejection fans to air out the home.

No injuries were reported.

Lehighton fire police maintained traffic control at the scene.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries