Skip to main content

Fire in New Ringgold caused by cigarette

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
Published January 11. 2013 05:03PM

Firefighters were called to 1045 Summer Valley Road in New Ringgold around 3 p.m. Thursday for a report of a structure fire with possible entrapment. When they arrived they noticed smoke filling the home. Reacting quickly, firefighters rushed to extinguish a garbage container on fire after a cigarette was accidentally dropped in it. The container was located next to the elderly homeowner's bed. New Ringgold Ambulance paramedics treated the elderly man while firefighters placed fans at multiple entry and exit points of the home to expel the smoke. Also responding were Pennsylvania State Police, New Ringgold Fire Company, Deer Lake Fire Company, New England Fire Company and others. No serious injuries were reported. Firefighters arrived to this smoke-filled house yesterday after an elderly man accidentally dropped his cigarette in a trash can next to his bed.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries