Personnel moves in controller's office will save Carbon Co. $30,000
One Carbon County office will save over $30,000 through moves within its office.
During the monthly meeting of the county salary board, Robert Crampsie, county controller, explained that the motions he was proposing will result in a "sustained savings to the taxpayers of Carbon County of over $30,000."
He noted that the savings are due to moving personnel staff around after the controller's office first deputy Frank Maurer left the position recently.
"Instead of bringing someone in as a new first deputy, I viewed this as an opportunity for the controller's office to save taxpayers dollars," Crampsie said. "I did meet with my staff and the staff was more than willing to do more. It's always my philosophy that whenever you have the opportunity to look at decreasing personnel cost, especially through attrition, we really have to look at every opportunity presented and that's what we did.
"I wouldn't have been able to make the proposals today without the willingness of my staff and the fiscal data staff and want to comment them for really stepping up to the plate."
The board thanked Crampsie and his staff for being willing to help cut costs through internal moves.
The actions that were approved by the board; as well personnel moves by the board of commissioners, included:
• Change the salary of one first deputy from $31,758 per year to $42,679 per year, effective Feb. 11. Susan J. Williams of Lehighton, who served as the second deputy in the controller's office, will now be moved to the first deputy position.
• Change the rate of one second deputy from $21.72 per hour, to $16.65 per hour, effective Feb. 11. Karen A. Binder of Nesquehoning, who served as accounts clerk II in the controller's office, will now be moved to second deputy.
• Establish the position of one part-time accounts clerk II at $10.40 per hour, effective Feb. 11. This position is excluded from the retirement plan because it is not anticipated to work 1,000 hours.
• Abolish the position of one accounts clerk II at $15.73 per hour, effective Feb. 11.
In addition to the controller's office, the following actions were also approved:
• Abolish the position of one domestic relations specialist II at $12.67 per hour, effective Feb. 7.
Children and Youth Services
• Abolish the position of one part-time clerk/typist I at $10.11 per hour, effective Feb. 7.
• Abolish the position of one part-time Live Scan operator at $11.60 per hour, effective Feb. 7.
• Abolish the position of one part-time administrative assistant at $9.91 per hour, effective Feb. 7.