Skip to main content

On this date

Published February 07. 2013 05:02PM

A spectacular fire broke out in Lansford's business district this evening, chasing 17 people from their homes and leaving inits smoldering path injuries, heartbreak, and damage. The fire occurred at about 5:30 p.m. on West Ridge Street. There were several firefighters injured battling the inferno, the most seriously being Lansford fireman Calvin Frantz Jr., 51, of 25 W. Abbott St. He was injured when a false front on a building collapsed on him. He is in critical condition in the Coaldale Hospital. Also admitted to Coaldale Hospital, in satisfactory condition, are firemen Robert Behler of Tamaqua and William Major of Lansford.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries