Chimney fire in Summit Hill
ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/TIMES NEWS
Police and firefighters were quick to respond to a chimney fire at 233 West White Bear Drive in Summit Hill yesterday afternoon. Responders had the smoke and fire under control within a short while. Responding were firefighters from Summit Hill, Lansford, Coaldale and others. Firefighters from Nesquehoning and New Philadelphia were also called, as the Tamaqua fire department was busy on another call. Fire police detoured traffic around the area while firefighters placed fans at entry points to the home. No serious injuries were reported.