PVE clothing swap on Saturday
The Pleasant Valley School District announces that there will be a Pleasant Valley Elementary clothing swap at the PVE cafeteria on Saturday, Aug. 17 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
In other business, the board approved:
• hiring Leticia Dipipi as a long-term substitute for Kristina Bowerman, sixth-grade reading specialist at $40,900, prorated;
• hiring part-time, Karen Marks, Patrick Maurath, Jessica Scott as replacement paraprofessional associates for 2013-2014 school year at PVI for $20,331 prorated annual salary
• the resignations of: Joan Weimmer, PVHS monitor, effective July 22, but wishes to remain on the substitute monitor/secretary list; Linda Parrott Kosakowski, Polk part-time paraprofessional associate, effective Aug. 5, but wishes to remain on the substitute teacher list; Lisa Lienhard, PVI school nurse, effective July 16; Gayle Markowski from secondary education consultant, effective July 25; Kenneth Newman from position of mathematics supervisor, effective July 31; Rocco Seiler from position of Technology System Coordinator, effective July 21; Carol Simonson, from position of PVE part-time paraprofessional associate, effective Aug. 1.
• transfer paraprofessional associates for 2013-2014 school year: Linda Cuprill, full-time from PVI to PVE; Karin DePaul, part-time from PVE to PVMS; Kelly Frinzi, part-time from PVI to PVMS; Susan Gentile, part-time from PVI to PVMS; Tim Hinton, part-time from PVI to PVMS; Jasmeen Koehler, full-time from PVI to PVE; Billye Kubiak, part-time from PVE to PVMS; Judy Paterson, part-time from Polk to PVE; Sally Schwartz, part-time from Polk to PVE; Jacqueline Tortora, full-time from PVMS to PVHS
• Andre Myers as junior high football assistant coach and Paul McCrone as JV Boys' soccer assistant coach
• the following volunteer coaching positions: Mike Fragotta, boys' soccer coach; Robert Madsen, football; Mike Wierski, football; Nicole Gesiskie, volleyball.
• a request for an additional athletic trainer, contracted through Coordinated Health Systems for the fall athletic season at a cost of $5,000
• the School Resource Officer Agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding by and between the PVSD and Pennsylvania State Police for the 2013-2014 school year
• Step by Step Learning contract for training and services throughout the 2013-2014 school year in the amount of $23,045 to be paid out of the Keystones to Opportunity grant for training in the birth to five statutory funding area.
• to advertise for sealed bids for snow removal
• Thomas McKeown to perform an appraisal of Eldred Elementary School and the operations facility at a cost of $5,000.
The following contracts were approved with:
• CSI for Polk Elementary School intercom preventive maintenance agreement for $475 annually, effective Sept. 1, 2013-Aug. 31, 2014
• Engle-Hambright & Davids, Inc.-Chubb & Son, Inc. for administration and board travel accident insurance for $3,000, effective Aug. 30, 2013-Aug. 30, 2016
• Mad Science of Lehigh Valley for eight-week after school program at PVE and Polk Elementary at $85 per participant, for 2013-2014 school year
• West End Community Ambulance Association for $160 per game, ($800 total) for five games for the 2013 football season.
• Rosetta Stone for 50 site licenses for 2013-2014 school year at $5,450 per year.
• Siemens Advantage Services for a three-year maintenance contract for maintaining the district's automated HVAD (heating and cooling systems). Year 1-July 1, 2013-June 30, 2014, $43,937; Year 2-July 1, 2014-June 30, 2015, $45,964; Year 3-July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016, $47,522.
• Colonial Intermediate Unit #20 to provide psychiatric evaluations. Psychiatric evaluation, $250/hr.; Psychiatric amendment, $100/hr.; Fee for no show appointment, $100; Fee for cancellation-less than 48 hours' notice, $100
• Colonial Intermediate Unit #20 to provide an associate teacher for direct, one-on-one services. Cost shall not exceed $144,396. Effective first day of the 2013-2014 school year and terminates at the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
• Mechanical Service Company for one-year maintenance agreement for seven emergency generators serving the PVSD, effective Aug. 12, 2013-Aug. 11, 2014 for $3,960
• TSA Consulting Group, Inc. for 12-month contract for third party administration services for the district's tax sheltered annuity program from Aug. 1, 2013-July 31, 2014 for $2 per month per participant
• VisionQuest for residential treatment, effective July 1, 2013-June 30, 2014 at a cost of $3,100 per month per classroom as needed, maximum two classrooms.