Writers' Conference Saturday in Tamaqua
Black Diamond Writers' Network's Fifth annual Write it Right Writers' Conference will take place from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Tamaqua Community Arts Center, 125 Pine St., Tamaqua.
The keynote speaker is Tracy L. Higley, author of nine novels. She will talk about "Finding Your Voice in a Noisy World" during the lunchtime address.
Higley will also facilitate "Secrets of Dramatic Tension: Creating a Page Turner," a workshop to uncover secrets to keep readers turning the pages, regardless of genre.
Other workshop topics and speakers include:
• "Competent Characterization: Knowing When and What to Reveal" and "Writing for and About the YA Guy" presented by Nicole Andel, assistant English professor at Penn State's Schuylkill campus.
• "Poem Fusion Workshop" or "Poetry Writing Workshop" with Craig Czury, author and part-time lecturer at Albright College.
• Jon Gibbs, 'Author in Residence' at Lakehurst Elementary School, New Jersey, will discuss blogs and social media in "Have Blog … Want Readers." He will also facilitate "10 Ways to Market Your Book in Person."
• Lehighton storyteller, Kathy Long, will discuss public speaking in "The ABCs of Public Speaking."
• Learn about beginnings and endings with Kathryn Craft, owner of Writing-Partner.com. She will present "The Last Word on Endings."
The event includes a light lunch and a book fair.
For more information, call Kathy Ruff at (570) 645-3059 or (570) 778-5616 Saturday morning, or visit the Tamaqua Public Library website.