Set of siblings each married for over 50 years
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS The Goldberg siblings gathered recently for the 50th wedding anniversary of the youngest sibling, Leonard and his wife Gladys. Each brother and sister has been married for more than 50 years. The couples are, from left, with the siblings standing and their spouses sitting, Leo and Grace Goldberg, Leroy and Audrey Goldberg, Lawrence and Penny Goldberg, Leonard and Gladys Goldberg, Louise and Lenny Bishop, and Lorraine Mosko, whose husband George passed away after 53 years of marriage.
When Leonard and Gladys Goldberg from Lehighton celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on March 2, they were in good company.
Leonard, the youngest of six children, is the last of his siblings to mark a golden anniversary.
Each of the Goldberg siblings have been married for more than 50 years. Their parents, the late Howard and Dorothy Goldberg, had been married 62 years when Howard passed in 1995.
While the family noted that the world record for most siblings to reach 50 years married to the same spouse is 11 siblings, they are hopeful that this is the first time both parents and siblings reached the milestone anniversary.
In addition to Leonard and Gladys, the other siblings and their spouses are:
• Leo and Grace Goldberg of Haines City, Fla., and formerly of Lehighton, who were married on April 28, 1962, and will soon be married 51 years.
• Leroy and Audrey Goldberg of Lehighton, who were married June 18, 1960, and will soon be married 53 years.
• Lawrence and Penny Goldberg of Bethlehem, who were married Aug. 5. 1961, and will celebrate 52 years.
• Louise and Lenny Bishop of Lehighton, who were married Dec. 31, 1955, and recently celebrated 57 years.
• Lorraine Mosko of Harrisburg, and formerly of Nesquehoning, is the oldest sibling.
She was married to her husband George on Aug. 13, 1955.
They were married for 53 years before his passing.