A 1960s music quiz
By DEN MCLAUGHLIN
Readers have enjoyed my Irish jokes and column of jokes on being "of that age". Today I have a little quiz about the 1960s music and artists. Don't cheap, do the quiz then check the answers at the end.
1. When did ''Little Suzie'' finally wake up?
(a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock (b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock.
2. ''Rock Around The Clock'' was used in what movie?
(a) Rebel Without A Cause (b) Blackboard Jungle (c) The Wild Ones 3.
3. What's missing from a Rock & Roll standpoint?
Earth _____ (a) Angel (b) Mother (c) Worm
4. ''I found my thrill . . .'' where?
(a) Kansas City (b) Heartbreak Hotel (c) Blueberry Hill.
5. ''Please turn on your magic beam, _____ _____ bring me a dream,'':
(a) Mr. Sandman (b) Earth Angel (c) Dream Lover
6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
(a) Atlantic (b) RCA (c) Sun.
7. He asked, ''Why's everybody always pickin' on me?'' Who was he?
(a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown (b) Charlie Brown (c) Buster Brown.
8. In Bobby Darin's ''Mack The Knife,'' the one with the knife, was named:
(a) Mac Heath (b) Mac Cloud (c) McNamara.
9. Name the song with ''A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom.''
(a) Good Golly, Miss Molly (b) Be-Bop-A-Lula (c) Tutti Fruitti.
10. Who is generally given credit for originating the term ''Rock And Roll''?
(a) Dick Clark (b) Wolfman Jack (c) Alan Freed.
11. In 1957, he left the music business to become a preacher:
(a) Little Richard (b) Frankie Lymon (c) Tony Orlando.
12. Paul Anka's ''Puppy Love'' is written to what star?
(a) Brenda Lee (b) Connie Francis (c) Annette Funicello.
13. The Everly Brothers were.....
(a) Pete and Dick (b) Don and Phil (c) Bob and Bill.
14. The Big Bopper's real name was: (a) Jiles P. Richardson (b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr. (c) Marion Michael Morrison.
15. In 1959, Berry Gordy Jr., started a small record company called...
(a) Decca (b) Cameo (c) Motown.
Answers:1 (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock; 2. (b) Blackboard Jungle; 3. (a) Angel; 4. (c) Blueberry Hill; 5. (a) Mr. Sandman; 6. (c) Sun; 7. (b) Charlie Brown; 8. (a) Mac Heath; 9. (c) Tutti Fruitti; 10. (c) Alan Freed; 11. (a) Little Richard; 12. (c) Annette Funicello; 13. (b) Don and Phil; 14. (a) Jiles P. Richardson; 15. (c) Motown.