Directors approve personnel moves
The Panther Valley School Board approved a number of personnel moves Thursday.
• Accepted the resignations of grade 6 paraprofessional Ann Davis, effective Jan. 1, 2013, and of substitute custodian Lisa Turchick, effective immediately;
• Hired Jared Smith as a short-term substitute high school Social Studies teacher, effective retroactively to Aug. 23 and to continue to a date yet to be determined. He'll be paid $135 a day;
• Approved Trevor Miller as a Business/Computer Information Technology substitute teacher and Matthew Mankiewicz as a substitute elementary teacher, both at $85 per day;
• Hired Rebecca Nicholas as a bus driver and Nina Bonetsky as a bus monitor;
• Tabled the appointment of Jacqueline Nalesnik as a substitute custodian;
• Accepted the resignation of part-time high school general worker (floater) Theresa Faenza, then appointed her as a part-time general worker (food prep) in the high school cafeteria, at $14.30 an hour for 5.5 hours per day;
• Appointed Helen Applegate as a part-time general worker at the elementary school at $13.35 an hour for 5.5 hours per day;
• Hired Patrick Leonzi as a permanent, full-time second-shift custodian at the elementary school for $12.35 an hour.
The board also approved a memorandum of understanding with the Carbon and Schuylkill county SHINE programs for food service for this year, and approved a contract for food services with Our Lady of the Angels Academy.