Commissioners approve seminar, training requests
Carbon County commissioners on Thursday approved a number of seminar/training requests, and one resignation.
Part-time parking meter attendant Eileen M. McGlynn, Jim Thorpe, resigned effective Sunday, Sept. 16.
Requests approved include:
• Area Agency on Aging employees Susan Zeigler and Hannah Breiner will attend Apprise Regional Updates in Wilkes Barre. The county will pay for mileage and meals.
• Cooperative Extension employees Georgia Farrow and Diane Sniscak will attend Access 4-H, also in Wilkes Barre. The county will pay for mileage and meals.
• Corrections Department employee Judy Veron will attend the Correctional Care Nurses Seminar in Harrisburg; the county will pay for meals.
• Domestic Relations employee Mary Kunkel will attend the 2012 Fall Domestic Relations Sections Directors' meeting in State College. The county will pay for lodging and mileage.
• Emergency Management Agency Coordinator Mark Nalesnik will attend the annual EPA/Hazmat Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. The county will pay the $200 fee, lodging, mileage and meals.
In other matters Thursday, commissioners approved property tax refunds.
Laurie L. Harris and Grant Gentry will receive a $213.98 refund on a Lake Harmony property that was reduced in assessment from $110,218 to $78,541.
GEC Real Estate at Weatherly, in care of Guardian Elder Care Management, will receive a $1,255.10 refund on a Weatherly property whose assessment was reduced from $2,541,595 to $2,359,500.