Eldred Township's Halloween Parade is judged a success
LINDA KOEHLER/TIMES NEWS These two bakers whipped up this little cupcake which looks yummy enough to eat. Eylrenna Baker, Mackenna and Abby Ertle won second place in Best Group at the Eldred Township Halloween Parade.
Zombies, Disney characters, Scooby Doo and gang, Indians and even Indiana Jones were seen on the main street of Kunkletown. They and about 200 others walked in the Eldred Township Halloween Parade.
Helen Mackes was the grand marshal and was chauffeured by Melvin Frable in his Karmann Ghia.
The Kunkletown Volunteer Fire Company, Blue Ridge and Polk Township Volunteer Fire Company were represented by volunteer firemen and trucks and tankers, sounding off sirens and horns.
The Celtic United Pipes and Drums provided music to march by.
The parade ended at the Kunkletown Fire Company where everyone received treats, including hot dogs and a drink. Preregistered participants received a goody bag.
Prizes were given to the best costumes and floats. They were:
• Cutest first place Rilyn Serfass; second Erika Unger; third Anthony Bulowe
• Most Original first Alicia Blaine, Hailey Hughart and Matthew Hughart; second Hunter Brunell; third Mitchell Ertle
• Best Pair first Alexis and Kelsey Stankovich; second Danica, Kailyn and Robin Getz and Sherren Wernet; third Mikayla and Cody Wilkins
• Best Group first Donna Borger and gang; second Eylrenna Baker, Mackenna and Abby Ertle; third the Mota family
• Best Float first The Dog Pond with Carson, Sinisko and Jennings families; second Kunkletown General Store family's Disney; third Journey to Bethlehem, St. Matthew's CIA.