Skip to main content

Carbon death blamed on Sandy

Published October 31. 2012 05:02PM

An Albrightsville, Penn Forest Township, resident has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, the result of using a generator due to the affects of Hurricane Sandy.

Carbon County Coroner Bruce Nalesnik said he was called to Gnaden Huetten Hospital in Lehighton Tuesday afternoon, where a 66-year-old male was brought in from an incident in the Valley View Estates section of the township. The male was pronounced dead in the emergency room. Nalesnik said he died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

According to reports three adults and a child were taken to the hospital. Reportedly the child and the other adults were taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital, Salisbury Township, but that could not be confirmed this morning. Emergency personnel said a generator running inside a garage at the home caused the three adults and child to fall victim to the carbon monoxide poisoning. Another report indicated that the first emergency responder on scene was also overcome by fumes and was treated at the scene.

State police at Fern Ridge are investigating the incident, but no report was available from troopers this morning.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries